Photo shows an annual lawn party (possibly May 25, 1911) on Governors Island, New York It was sponsored by the Army Relief Society, which raised money for widows and orphans of officers and enlisted men of the regular army.
Garden Party on Governors Island, 1911
- President William McKinley’s death mask, 1901 — Share the History Love... William McKinley’s death mask. McKinley (January 29, 1843 – September 14, 1901) was the 25th President of the United States. He was elected twice, in 1896 and 1900, but was assassinated in 1901 at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York. He was succeeded by his Vice President, Theodore Roosevelt. Share [...]
- Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller at their wedding, 1956 — Share the History Love... Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller at their wedding. The were married in a civil ceremony at the Westchester County Court in White Plains, New York, on June 29, 1956 and, two days later, had a Jewish ceremony at Miller’s agent’s house at Waccabuc, New York. Share the History Love... [...]
- NYC Firefighter looks at the WTC remains, 2001 — Share the History Love... A New York City firefighter looks up at what remains of the World Trade Center after its collapse during the Sept. 11 terrorist attack. The photograph was taken on September 13, 2001. Share the History Love... [...]
- Elizabeth Taylor at the Stork Club, 1947 — Share the History Love... Fifteen-year-old Elizabeth Taylor with her parents at the Stork Club in Manhattan in 1947 Share the History Love... [...]
- New York’s First Artillery at Chancellorsville, 1863 — Share the History Love... Artillerymen of New York’s First Artillery lined up before their cannons during the Battle of Chancellorsville in Virginia on May 1, 1863. Share the History Love... [...]