Private First Class Troy Dixon, Leadhill, Arkansas, uses a Japanese barber chair to cut the hair of Sergeant John Anderson, Anita, Pennsylvania Both men are members of the 363rd Field Artillery Battalion., located near Shuri. Okinawa, June 10, 1945.
Haircut in Okinawa, 1945
- Thanksgiving in Italy under a lean to shelter, 1944 — Share the History Love... Soldier enjoying his Thanksgiving meal under a camouflaged lean to shelter. The photo is from a collection of William Caddell who served with the 5th Army Headquarters in North Africa through Italy. His scrapbook of Signal Corps photographs documents the Fifth Army from the Fall of Rome through the end of the war. [...]
- In Their Words: WWI Veteran George Briant — Share the History Love... Share the History Love... [...]
- Nurse Wheels a Wounded Soldier in an Army Hospital, 1943 — Share the History Love... Nurse Frances Bullock wheels a wounded soldier back to his bed in the orthopedics ward of an Army hospital on May 23, 1943. Share the History Love... [...]
- Salvaging old stockings during WWII — Share the History Love... This photograph depicts Deena Clark, Civilian Defense Volunteer (right), and Tech. Sgt. Leo Malkins of the Army Air Corps (left). The worn out nylon stockings in this barrel full of salvaged stockings will be reprocessed and made into parachutes for army fliers, tow ropes for gilder planes and other war material. [...]
- Range of Aircraft Tires Needed, 1941 — Share the History Love... Wide range of tire sizes required for military aircraft is illustrated by this December 1941 photograph. The tire at bottom is the type used on average medium bomber while small tires at top are for tail wheels of various types of aircrafts. Share the History Love... [...]