Early hunters in Yosemite National Park in 1890.
Early Hunters in Yosemite, 1890
- The Goddess of Liberty on the Texas State Capitol Grounds, 1888 — Share the History Love... The Goddess of Liberty on the Texas State Capitol Grounds prior to installation on top of the rotunda in February 1888. Share the History Love... [...]
- Clearwater log drive, 1961 — Share the History Love... “River Pigs” fight the foam of Clearwater River, to work a huge white pine log off the shoals in 1961. Logs are cut during the summer, decked on the upstream banks, and tumbled in with Spring floods. The river carries them downstream to the mills for processing. Kaniksu National Forest, Idaho. [...]
- First shipment of gold from Nome to Seattle, 1899 — Share the History Love... The first shipment of gold sent from Nome to Seattle in 1899. Share the History Love... [...]
- Unloading King Crab in Seldovia, 1965 — Share the History Love... Unloading king crab off a fishing boat in Seldovia, Alaska, 1965. Share the History Love... [...]
- KKK raid on San Pedro’s IWW Hall, 1924 — Share the History Love... San Pedro, California was a hotbed of Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) activity during the 1910s and early 1920s. IWW efforts to organize workers were often met with violence by individuals and organizations that saw them as a threat. In June 1924, the Ku Klux Klan attacked the members of [...]