The newsreel shows the devastation on the coastline of Pearl Harbor – seen from a boat moving alongside it. The footage depicts wreckage of aircrafts, smoke rising all around, buildings destroyed, and large plumes of black smoke rising from ships on fire.
Video: Pearl Harbor Wreckage
- Using skis to get around during the Battle of the Bulge — Share the History Love... With no sidewalks or pathways on the rough airfield, Maj. George Brooking found it easier to use skis to go from the briefing tent to his P-47 during the Battle of the Bulge. Share the History Love... [...]
- Anti-aircraft gun on the roof of the Government Printing Office, 19... — Share the History Love... Soldiers operate a 40mm anti-aircraft gun on the roof of the Government Printing Office, June 1944. The U.S. Capitol is seen in the background on the right. Share the History Love... [...]
- Women workers stain wings for a De Havilland DH-4, 1918 — Share the History Love... In the foreground of the photograph a group of women stain the wooden skeletons of the wings for a De Havilland DH-4 at the Dayton-Wright Airplane Company. At each station a group of women stain the wooden wings with an observer watching. In the background other employees are working and a [...]
- Tuskegee Airmen with Lena Horne — Share the History Love... Tuskegee Airmen with singer Lena Horne and Brigadier General Noel Parrish at a banquet at Tuskegee Institute in Tuskegee, Alabama during World War II. Share the History Love... [...]
- Steam fire engine rushes by, early 1900s — Share the History Love... Three white horses rushing down city street pulling a steam fire engine carrying three fire fighters on its way to a fire sometime between 1900 and 1920. Crowds on the street and inside the Shaw building watch fire engine go by. Share the History Love... [...]