The newsreel shows the devastation on the coastline of Pearl Harbor – seen from a boat moving alongside it. The footage depicts wreckage of aircrafts, smoke rising all around, buildings destroyed, and large plumes of black smoke rising from ships on fire.
Video: Pearl Harbor Wreckage
- Trimming the Christmas tree in England, 1943 — Share the History Love... Left to right: Cpl. Michael J. Sabagh [381st HQ] of Lawrence, Mass., Pvt. Larry H. James [2021st Fire Platoon] of Campbellsville, Ky., Cpl. Goldmer S. Elkins [2003rd Fire Platoon] of Cyclone, W.Va., and Cpl. Thomas Hallingam [330th SS] of Pittsburgh, Pa., trim a Christmas tree for a party given for homeless [...]
- Decorating the tree with banknotes, 1942 — Share the History Love... Louise Yuse with a Christmas tree decorated with banknotes that will be used to purchase war bonds, 1942. Share the History Love... [...]
- Christmas mass during the Battle of the Bulge — Share the History Love... During the Battle of the Bulge in 1944, Christmas was still celebrated. This ration warehouse in Antwerp, Belgium, served as a chapel on Christmas Day. A pile of ration crates became the altar. The port chaplain, Martin Durkin, conducted the services. The men left their work only long enough to attend [...]
- Remember Pearl Harbor, 1940s — Share the History Love... Boys in uniform holding letters saying, “Remember Pearl Harbor” to commemorate the attack. Share the History Love... [...]
- Wrecked destroyers at the Pearl Harbor Navy Yard, 1941 — Share the History Love... The wrecked destroyers USS Downes (DD-375) and USS Cassin (DD-372) in Drydock One at the Pearl Harbor Navy Yard, soon after the end of the Japanese air attack on December 7, 1941. Cassin has capsized against Downes. USS Pennsylvania (BB-38) is astern, occupying the rest of the drydock. The torpedo-damaged cruiser USS [...]