Boy Scouts and Camp Fire Girls working in a school garden in Philadelphia. Some of the children hoe and rake vegetable beds, while others secure stakes in the beds and tend plants.
School Gardens as a Practical Education Method, 1915
- GIs decorating a tree in England, 1943 — Share the History Love... These GIs, attached to the 9th Service Command somewhere in England, take time out on Christmas Eve to decorate a tree at their base, December 24, 1943. They are, left to right: Pvt. George Rutter of Greenburg, Pa., Cpl. Conrad Myers of Fort Thomas, Ky., Cpl. Merrill Dunn of Laurel, Delaware, and Pfc. [...]
- Mailman delivering packages on Christmas Day, 1929 — Share the History Love... Chicago mailman N. Sorenson delivering packages on Christmas Day 1929 while appearing joyful despite his heavy load. Share the History Love... [...]
- Trimming the Christmas tree in England, 1943 — Share the History Love... Left to right: Cpl. Michael J. Sabagh [381st HQ] of Lawrence, Mass., Pvt. Larry H. James [2021st Fire Platoon] of Campbellsville, Ky., Cpl. Goldmer S. Elkins [2003rd Fire Platoon] of Cyclone, W.Va., and Cpl. Thomas Hallingam [330th SS] of Pittsburgh, Pa., trim a Christmas tree for a party given for homeless [...]
- Lou Hoover passing out food baskets & toys, 1930 — Share the History Love... Lou Hoover passing out food baskets and toys to children of families impoverished by the Great Depression at Washington’s Central Union Mission. Share the History Love... [...]
- Remember Pearl Harbor, 1940s — Share the History Love... Boys in uniform holding letters saying, “Remember Pearl Harbor” to commemorate the attack. Share the History Love... [...]