Children gathered around and licking blocks of ice on hot day between 1910 and 1915.
Licking Blocks of Ice on Hot Day, 1910-1915
- Creating Halloween art, 1964 — Share the History Love... Sarah Hampton, 7, of Reseda, wields an artist’s brush from her wheel stretcher at Orthopedic Hospital in preparation for Halloween. Looking on is Mrs. Williamson of the Los Angeles School Board. Share the History Love... [...]
- Alaskan Army dog teams, WWII — Share the History Love... In this snow-covered post, somewhere in Alaska, dog teams perform tasks in country impassible to other forms of locomotion. They are kept by the Quartermaster Corps of the Army, for hauling food to snow-bound infantry units and locating and aiding fliers forced down in the wilderness. Three of the dog teams [...]
- Licking ice blocks during heat wave, 1912 — Share the History Love... Licking blocks of ice during heat wave in 1912 in New York city. Share the History Love... [...]
- Reading comics while waiting for a parade, 1946 — Share the History Love... Young women, wearing paper hats, sit on the curb reading comics while waiting for 1946 Aquatennial parade to start in Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1946. Share the History Love... [...]
- Clearwater log drive, 1961 — Share the History Love... “River Pigs” fight the foam of Clearwater River, to work a huge white pine log off the shoals in 1961. Logs are cut during the summer, decked on the upstream banks, and tumbled in with Spring floods. The river carries them downstream to the mills for processing. Kaniksu National Forest, Idaho. [...]