Boys from the Boys Club with captured balloons which were released from White House with tickets attached for a Washington-St. Louis game, 1922.
Balloons with Game Tickets, 1922
- Licking ice blocks during heat wave, 1912 — Share the History Love... Licking blocks of ice during heat wave in 1912 in New York city. Share the History Love... [...]
- President Bush (Sr.) playing horseshoes, 1989 — Share the History Love... President George H.W. Bush and his son Marvin playing horseshoes on the South Lawn shortly after its installation in April 1989. While serving as vice president, George H. W. Bush enjoyed playing horseshoes in his spare time. After becoming president, he had a horseshoe pit installed on the White House South [...]
- Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher with Nixon, 1974 — Share the History Love... Actress Debbie Reynolds and her daughter Carrie Fisher at the White House with President and First Lady Nixon. This photograph was taken in the East Room on February 10, 1974. Share the History Love... [...]
- Child Workers at Avondale Mills, 1910 — Share the History Love... Child mill workers at Avondale Mills, Birmingham, 1910. They worked as “doffers” – a worker who removes bobbins, pirns, or spindles holding spun fiber from the a spinning frame and replaces them with empty ones. It required speed and dexterity rather than strength. Share the History Love... [...]
- KKK raid on San Pedro’s IWW Hall, 1924 — Share the History Love... San Pedro, California was a hotbed of Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) activity during the 1910s and early 1920s. IWW efforts to organize workers were often met with violence by individuals and organizations that saw them as a threat. In June 1924, the Ku Klux Klan attacked the members of [...]