Policeman standing alongside wrecked car and cases of moonshine on November 16, 1922.
Wrecked Car & Moonshine, 1922
- Mounted Dakota Sioux Indian police, 1896 — Share the History Love... Mounted Dakota Sioux Indian police at Rosebud Agency in South Dakota, 1896. Indian police forces first appeared on the Great Plains during the 1830s, when the federal government relocated eastern tribes such as the Cherokees to Indian Territory. Known as the Lighthorse, Cherokee police units performed law enforcement duties similar to [...]
- Protester attacked by police dogs in Birmingham, 1963 — Share the History Love... Parker High School student Walter Gadsden, 17, being attacked by police dogs during the Civil Rights campaign in Birmingham, Alabama on May 3, 1963, Share the History Love... [...]
- Dismantling speakeasy after raid — Share the History Love... Dismantling a Boston speakeasy after a raid. Share the History Love... [...]
- Confiscating a 100-gallon alcohol still, 1931 — Share the History Love... Two Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs examine an alleged 100-gallon alcohol still. The still was attached to the wall-bed at right in such a manner that it could be swung back into a closet and out of sight on a moment’s notice. Clarence A. Reisch was arrested in the raid and booked [...]
- Lindbergh with the “Spirit of St. Louis,” 1928 — Share the History Love... Charles Augustus Lindbergh with the “Spirit of St. Louis,” c. 1928. Share the History Love... [...]