Four young women wearing bathing suits sitting on sand mound at the beach, c. 1906.
Four Women Sitting on the Beach, 1906
- Playing volleyball on stilts, 1934 — Share the History Love... Four young women playing volleyball on stilts at the beach in Venice, California, 1934. Share the History Love... [...]
- Inserting filaments into small light bulbs, 1925 — Share the History Love... A woman is photographed while inserting filaments into small light bulbs, ca 1925. Share the History Love... [...]
- Women working on the Long Island Railroad, 1942 — Share the History Love... Women working along the rails for the Long Island Railroad in 1942. The women were paid 56 cents an hour for their work. Share the History Love... [...]
- Totem-wearing parade participants, 1912 — Share the History Love... People wearing totem pole costumes during Seattle’s Potlatch Parade on July 18, 1912. The Potlatch Parade was part of the Golden Potlatch (or Potlatch Days) festivities. These festivities occurred from 1911-1914 and 1935-1941. The annual festival was created after the successful Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition in 1909. Seattle officials believed an annual festival would [...]
- Archbishop racing Sisters in paddleboats, 1952 — Share the History Love... Archbishop Cushing races Sister of the Divine Providence in paddleboats at Norumbega Park at outing for girls from Camp Mishannock in August 1952. Share the History Love... [...]