Men dressed up as Revolutionary War Drum and Fife Corps soldiers march down the street during a 4th of July parade in New York, 1911.
Drum & Fife Corps in 4th of July Parade, 1911
- Walgreens (Nashville) lunch counter sit-in, 1960 — Share the History Love... Rodney Powell (standing) talks with other sit-in participants at Walgreens drugstore in Nashville, Tennessee on March 25, 1960. On February 13, 1960, members of the Nashville Student Movement and the Nashville Christian Leadership Council began a campaign of sit-ins at “whites only” lunch counters in Nashville stores. Their goal was to end [...]
- Anti-aircraft gun on the roof of the Government Printing Office, 19... — Share the History Love... Soldiers operate a 40mm anti-aircraft gun on the roof of the Government Printing Office, June 1944. The U.S. Capitol is seen in the background on the right. Share the History Love... [...]
- Ballet rehearsals in New York City, ca. 1916 — Share the History Love... An unidentified group of 6 women & 2 men during ballet rehearsals in New York City, ca. 1916. Share the History Love... [...]
- Coca-Cola bottling line, 1958 — Share the History Love... Coca-Cola bottling line in a Fort Scott, Kansas factory, circa 1958 Share the History Love... [...]
- New York garment workers, 1908 — Share the History Love... Mrs. Battaglia, Tessie (12 years old), Tony (7 years old) live at 170 Mulberry St. in the rear house on the 5th floor in New York. They work as garment workers. Mrs. Battaglia’s husband was crippled by a fall. She works in the shop everyday except Saturdays, when the children sew with [...]