Men dressed up as Revolutionary War Drum and Fife Corps soldiers march down the street during a 4th of July parade in New York, 1911.
Drum & Fife Corps in 4th of July Parade, 1911
- Odd Contests: Prettiest Legs at the Fair, 1964 — Share the History Love... The 1964 New York World’s Fair saw a slew of fascinating and interesting exhibits, shows, and even beauty contests. One of them was a contest for the “Prettiest Legs at the Fair.” Let’s just say that the women participating to get a leg up in the competition…. Share the History Love... [...]
- Barge of Dinosaurs for the 1964 New York World’s Fair — Share the History Love... Dinosaurs on a barge heading to the site of the 1964/1965 New York World’s Fair. The 1964-65 statues were created in Mahopac, New York and included a Tyrannosaurus Rex, the horned Triceratops, the plated Stegosaurus and the lovable Apatosaurus. The dinosaurs took three years to build with a team of paleontologists, [...]
- The Beatles arrive at JFK Airport, 1964 — Share the History Love... The Beatles arrive at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport on February 7, 1964. From left: John Lennon (waving), Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and George Harrison. 1964 was the year Beatlemania swept through the United States. Share the History Love... [...]
- Jewish women pray along the Williamsburg Bridge, 1909 — Share the History Love... Jewish women pray along the Williamsburg Bridge in New York City on New Year’s Day 1909. Share the History Love... [...]
- Polar Bear club celebrating the New Year, 1967 — Share the History Love... “Ice” way to celebrate the new year! Polar Bear club the “Iceberg A.C.” goes for a cold dip at Coney Island on New Year’s Day 1967. Share the History Love... [...]