Demonstrators sit, with their feet in the Reflecting Pool, during the March on Washington, 1963.
- USS Akron over the Lincoln Memorial, 1931 — Share the History Love... The airship USS Akron (ZRS-4) flying over the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., 1931. The Akron was destroyed during a thunderstorm off the coast of New Jersey on April 4, 1933. All but three of the 76 crew and passengers were killed – it was the greatest loss of life in any airship [...]
- Union soldiers on Mason’s Island, 1861 — Share the History Love... Union soldiers on the Mason’s Island (Theodore Roosevelt Island) guarding the Potomac River in Washington, D.C. in 1861. Behind them is the Potomac Aqueduct Bridge and Georgetown University on top of the hill. During the Civil War, the island served as a storage and distribution site, and also as a training [...]
- Protester attacked by police dogs in Birmingham, 1963 — Share the History Love... Parker High School student Walter Gadsden, 17, being attacked by police dogs during the Civil Rights campaign in Birmingham, Alabama on May 3, 1963, Share the History Love... [...]
- Clearwater log drive, 1961 — Share the History Love... “River Pigs” fight the foam of Clearwater River, to work a huge white pine log off the shoals in 1961. Logs are cut during the summer, decked on the upstream banks, and tumbled in with Spring floods. The river carries them downstream to the mills for processing. Kaniksu National Forest, Idaho. [...]
- Dedication of the Sherman Memorial, 1903 — Share the History Love... Crowds gather near the White House (E and 15th Street) for the dedication of the William Tecumseh Sherman Memorial in 1903. In the background, the Washington Monument is visible. Share the History Love... [...]