Demonstrators sit, with their feet in the Reflecting Pool, during the March on Washington, 1963.
- Walgreens (Nashville) lunch counter sit-in, 1960 — Share the History Love... Rodney Powell (standing) talks with other sit-in participants at Walgreens drugstore in Nashville, Tennessee on March 25, 1960. On February 13, 1960, members of the Nashville Student Movement and the Nashville Christian Leadership Council began a campaign of sit-ins at “whites only” lunch counters in Nashville stores. Their goal was to end [...]
- Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table, 1977 — Share the History Love... Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table on her last day as First Lady on January 19, 1977. David Hume Kennedy, the photographer, described how this photo came to be in a New York Times article: I was accompanying Mrs. Ford as she strolled around the West Wing of the [...]
- Costumed anti-Vietnam war demonstrators, 1971 — Share the History Love... Costumed anti-war demonstrators at the 1971 Vietnam War Out Now protest in Washington D.C. on April 24, 1971. Share the History Love... [...]
- Anti-aircraft gun on the roof of the Government Printing Office, 19... — Share the History Love... Soldiers operate a 40mm anti-aircraft gun on the roof of the Government Printing Office, June 1944. The U.S. Capitol is seen in the background on the right. Share the History Love... [...]
- Mail boat at North Manitou Island, 1903 — Share the History Love... Mail boat arrives at North Manitou Island in 1903. The island is located in Lake Michigan, approximately 12 miles west-northwest of Leland, Michigan. It is nearly eight miles long and over four miles wide, with 20 miles of shoreline. Share the History Love... [...]