Mrs. Tapley taking a sight using a sextant. She sailed with her husband aboard the bark Saint James during the late 19th century. Some women learned navigation from their husbands while at sea.
- JFK and family in Hyannis Port, 1962 — Share the History Love... President John F. Kennedy, First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, and their children John, Jr. and Caroline, at their summer house in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts on August 4, 1962. Share the History Love... [...]
- Odd Contests: Pumpkin Princess & Pumpkin Queen — Share the History Love... Janice Lee Ortieb, age 4, and Patricia Lynn Barlow, age 16 were elected the San Fernando Valley’s first Pumpkin Princess and Pumpkin Queen at the Balboa Mission Center on November 20, 1961. The girls will reign through Thanksgiving Eve from a throne inside a $15,000 custom-built Pumpkin House at the Balboa Mission [...]
- Picking blackberries in Oregon, 1910 — Share the History Love... Women picking evergreen blackberries in western Oregon, 1910. Share the History Love... [...]
- Woman on a modified broom, 1977 — Share the History Love... An unidentified woman on a broom that has been modified with bicycle parts and a flashlight on October 28, 1977. The National Archives took the above picture and turned it into a gif. Enjoy! Share the History Love... [...]
- Roller Derby Skaters at the Starting Line, 1936 — Share the History Love... Roller derby skaters, from left, Louise Thomas, Elizabeth “Libby” Hoover, Pudge Dyer, Jayne Cummings and Mildred Arndt, are started by Harry Newman on Jan. 4, 1936. Share the History Love... [...]