Marion Duncan in costume for a July 4th-themed play in Tavares, Florida, ca. 1890.
July 4th Costume, 1890
- LBJ and Lady Bird watching the Apollo 11 launch, 1969 — Share the History Love... Former First Lady and President Lyndon B. Johnson and then-current Vice President Spiro Agnew (wearing gray blazer and sunglasses) are among the spectators at the launch of Apollo 11, which lifted off from Pad 39A at Kennedy Space Center at 9:32 am EDT on July 16, 1969. The crew, the first [...]
- Stampeders with supplies during the Klondike Gold Rush — Share the History Love... Stampeders and their outfits in Dyea, Alaska. So many hopeful men (and a few women) were making the difficult journey into the Canadian and Alaskan wilderness in search of gold during the Klondike Gold Rush, the Canadian government started requiring every stampeder bring a year’s supply of goods before crossing the [...]
- Adding voices to a “Popeye” cartoon, 1942 — Share the History Love... Voices for the movie cartoon characters “Popeye” and “Olive Oyl” are Jack Mercer and his wife Margie, of Schenley Park in Miami, Florida, are shown adding their voices to a cartoon on January 4, 1942. They are seen dubbing in the voice parts of a new Popeye cartoon, “Kickin” the Conga. [...]
- Interior of Chief Klart-Reech’s Whale House, 1895 — Share the History Love... The highly decorated items and interior of Chief Klart-Reech’s Whale House in Chilkat, Alaska in 1895. Share the History Love... [...]
- Jewish women pray along the Williamsburg Bridge, 1909 — Share the History Love... Jewish women pray along the Williamsburg Bridge in New York City on New Year’s Day 1909. Share the History Love... [...]