President Henry Villard of the Northern Pacific Railroad, accompanied by a distinguished party of guests, celebrated the completion of the railroad at Gold Creek, Montana Territory on September 8, 1883, where the construction work from the East and West met. General U.S. Grant, Frederick Billings, William M. Evarts, Carl Schurz, James Bryce, Sir Robert Peel, George Bruce, General Adna Anderson, George M. Hillman, Edmund L. DeLastry, and many other notables comprised the party.
Completion of the Northern Pacific Railway, 1883
- Thanksgiving dinner at the jail — Share the History Love... Men having Thanksgiving dinner at the jail in Lewistown, Montana. Share the History Love... [...]
- Halloween witchery, 1957 — Share the History Love... Photograph caption dated October 25, 1957 reads, “Members of Zeta Phi Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi will entertain husbands and guests Nov. 2 at a party in Granada Hills Woman’s Club. Making decorations for event are Mmes. Thomas R. Zimmerman, H. M. Jones and C. T. Jones.” Share the History Love... [...]
- Bobbing for apples at Fort Sheridan, 1970 — Share the History Love... Mike Graham comes up with an apple in the apple bobbing booth during Halloween festivities in Fort Sheridan, 1970. Share the History Love... [...]
- Train Loaded with Logs for the Mill, 1900 — Share the History Love... Photograph of a log train loaded with logs for the mill, in a redwood forest, ca.1900. About 10 lumberjacks are standing or sitting on logs or the train. Other logs sit on the ground (foreground). Steam is issuing from the train engine. The thick redwood forest is visible in the background. [...]
- Celebrities at FDR’s Birthday Celebration, 1944 — Share the History Love... Eleanor Roosevelt at FDR’s birthday celebration with Red Skelton, William Douglas, Lucille Ball, and John Garfield on January 30, 1944. Share the History Love... [...]