Girl at Monroe School (Washington, D.C.) is seen reading a book entitled “Poems with Power.” She is standing next to bulletin board with the title “Poetry Week,” May 1947.
Girl Reading Poetry, 1947
- Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials, 1954 — Share the History Love... Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials in December 1954. The men in the front row (left to right) are Anaheim Mayor Charles Pearson, Orange County Supervisor Willis Warner, Walt Disney, Supervisor Willard Smith, and Orange County Planning Commission Chairman Dr. W. L. Bigham. The photo was taken at Disney [...]
- Licking ice blocks during heat wave, 1912 — Share the History Love... Licking blocks of ice during heat wave in 1912 in New York city. Share the History Love... [...]
- Reading comics while waiting for a parade, 1946 — Share the History Love... Young women, wearing paper hats, sit on the curb reading comics while waiting for 1946 Aquatennial parade to start in Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1946. Share the History Love... [...]
- Child Workers at Avondale Mills, 1910 — Share the History Love... Child mill workers at Avondale Mills, Birmingham, 1910. They worked as “doffers” – a worker who removes bobbins, pirns, or spindles holding spun fiber from the a spinning frame and replaces them with empty ones. It required speed and dexterity rather than strength. Share the History Love... [...]
- KKK raid on San Pedro’s IWW Hall, 1924 — Share the History Love... San Pedro, California was a hotbed of Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) activity during the 1910s and early 1920s. IWW efforts to organize workers were often met with violence by individuals and organizations that saw them as a threat. In June 1924, the Ku Klux Klan attacked the members of [...]