Girl at Monroe School (Washington, D.C.) is seen reading a book entitled “Poems with Power.” She is standing next to bulletin board with the title “Poetry Week,” May 1947.
Girl Reading Poetry, 1947
- Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table, 1977 — Share the History Love... Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table on her last day as First Lady on January 19, 1977. David Hume Kennedy, the photographer, described how this photo came to be in a New York Times article: I was accompanying Mrs. Ford as she strolled around the West Wing of the [...]
- Joseph Clovese at the last G.A.R. reunion, 1949 — Share the History Love... Joseph Clovese, G.A.R. veteran, at the 83rd and final G.A.R. reunion held in Indianapolis, Indiana on August 28, 1949. This was the first Civil War reunion for the former Union soldier who had been born into slavery 105 years earlier. Born January 30, 1844 on a plantation in St. Bernard Parish, LA, [...]
- Costumed anti-Vietnam war demonstrators, 1971 — Share the History Love... Costumed anti-war demonstrators at the 1971 Vietnam War Out Now protest in Washington D.C. on April 24, 1971. Share the History Love... [...]
- Anti-aircraft gun on the roof of the Government Printing Office, 19... — Share the History Love... Soldiers operate a 40mm anti-aircraft gun on the roof of the Government Printing Office, June 1944. The U.S. Capitol is seen in the background on the right. Share the History Love... [...]
- Ballet rehearsals in New York City, ca. 1916 — Share the History Love... An unidentified group of 6 women & 2 men during ballet rehearsals in New York City, ca. 1916. Share the History Love... [...]