Tree felling contest at the Tillamook County Fair, Oregon in 1941.
Tree Felling Contest, 1941
- Admiring a Bunch of Concord Grapes, 1935 — Share the History Love... Frank A. Johnson admires a bunch of his well-grown grapes (Concord variety) in Salem, Oregon, circa 1935 Share the History Love... [...]
- Roller skating, ca. 1905 — Share the History Love... Portrait of a man in roller skates around 1905. Share the History Love... [...]
- Reading comics while waiting for a parade, 1946 — Share the History Love... Young women, wearing paper hats, sit on the curb reading comics while waiting for 1946 Aquatennial parade to start in Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1946. Share the History Love... [...]
- Clearwater log drive, 1961 — Share the History Love... “River Pigs” fight the foam of Clearwater River, to work a huge white pine log off the shoals in 1961. Logs are cut during the summer, decked on the upstream banks, and tumbled in with Spring floods. The river carries them downstream to the mills for processing. Kaniksu National Forest, Idaho. [...]
- Stacks of lumber drying in Seattle, 1919 — Share the History Love... Stacks of lumber drying at the Seattle Cedar Lumber Manufacturing Company’s mill in Ballard, ca. 1919. A workman can be seen standing partway up one of the tall stacks of drying lumber. The Seattle Cedar mill, located just west of the Ballard Bridge, was the largest in Ballard. At the mill, logs [...]