Brakeman signaling on Freight Car T&NO 47429 of the Southern Pacific Railroad Company, 1951.
Southern Pacific Railroad Brakeman, 1951
- Train Loaded with Logs for the Mill, 1900 — Share the History Love... Photograph of a log train loaded with logs for the mill, in a redwood forest, ca.1900. About 10 lumberjacks are standing or sitting on logs or the train. Other logs sit on the ground (foreground). Steam is issuing from the train engine. The thick redwood forest is visible in the background. [...]
- Female guards learning how to sight guns, 1942 — Share the History Love... Female guards, placed on duty at the Naval Ordnance Plant, operated by the Hudson Motor Car Company in Detroit, Michigan, learn how to sight guns on August 7, 1942. In the front row, the girls sight 38 caliber police pistols; those in the back row with 30-30 rifles. At present the [...]
- Women Ordnance Workers at Midvale Steel and Ordnance Company, 1918 — Share the History Love... Women workers hand chipping with pneumatic hammers at Midvale Steel and Ordnance Company in Nicetown, Pennsylvania, 1918. Share the History Love... [...]
- Clearwater log drive, 1961 — Share the History Love... “River Pigs” fight the foam of Clearwater River, to work a huge white pine log off the shoals in 1961. Logs are cut during the summer, decked on the upstream banks, and tumbled in with Spring floods. The river carries them downstream to the mills for processing. Kaniksu National Forest, Idaho. [...]
- Child Workers at Avondale Mills, 1910 — Share the History Love... Child mill workers at Avondale Mills, Birmingham, 1910. They worked as “doffers” – a worker who removes bobbins, pirns, or spindles holding spun fiber from the a spinning frame and replaces them with empty ones. It required speed and dexterity rather than strength. Share the History Love... [...]