A migrant cotton picker is photographed with her baby near Buckeye, Maricopa County, Arizona on April 11, 1940.
Migrant Cotton Picker and Her Baby, 1940
- Lou Hoover passing out food baskets & toys, 1930 — Share the History Love... Lou Hoover passing out food baskets and toys to children of families impoverished by the Great Depression at Washington’s Central Union Mission. Share the History Love... [...]
- Testing a catapult escape system, 1963 — Share the History Love... Dummy pilot and seat soar, as engineers test a catapult escape system in Arizona, March 1963. Share the History Love... [...]
- WPA’s mattress making project, 1939 — Share the History Love... WPA workers in New Orleans manufactured 17,682 mattresses and quilts to be distributed to the needy during 1939. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) was established by executive order of Franklin Delano Roosevelt on May 6, 1935. It replaced the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) as the federal government agency responsible for [...]
- Hoover with Mary Pickford, 1931 — Share the History Love... Film star Mary Pickford gives President Herbert Hoover a ticket for a film industry benefit for the unemployed, November 12, 1931. Share the History Love... [...]
- Grover Cleveland with his family in Princeton, NJ, 1907 — Share the History Love... President Grover Cleveland and family (wife Frances and children Esther, Marion, Richard, and Francis) at Westland in Princeton, NJ in 1907. Share the History Love... [...]