Lucille Ball was one of the famous faces at one of the January 1944 galas celebrating President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s 62nd birthday in Washington, D.C.
Lucille Ball at FDR’s Birthday Ball, 1944
- Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table, 1977 — Share the History Love... Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table on her last day as First Lady on January 19, 1977. David Hume Kennedy, the photographer, described how this photo came to be in a New York Times article: I was accompanying Mrs. Ford as she strolled around the West Wing of the [...]
- Joseph Clovese at the last G.A.R. reunion, 1949 — Share the History Love... Joseph Clovese, G.A.R. veteran, at the 83rd and final G.A.R. reunion held in Indianapolis, Indiana on August 28, 1949. This was the first Civil War reunion for the former Union soldier who had been born into slavery 105 years earlier. Born January 30, 1844 on a plantation in St. Bernard Parish, LA, [...]
- Publicity still of Greta Garbo, 1931 — Share the History Love... Actress Greta Garbo in a publicity still for the American film Inspiration in 1931. Share the History Love... [...]
- Using skis to get around during the Battle of the Bulge — Share the History Love... With no sidewalks or pathways on the rough airfield, Maj. George Brooking found it easier to use skis to go from the briefing tent to his P-47 during the Battle of the Bulge. Share the History Love... [...]
- Costumed anti-Vietnam war demonstrators, 1971 — Share the History Love... Costumed anti-war demonstrators at the 1971 Vietnam War Out Now protest in Washington D.C. on April 24, 1971. Share the History Love... [...]