American landscape painter Alexander H. Wyant is photographed among some of his paintings in 1882.
Alexander Wyant among his paintings, 1882
- WPA artists working on a national defense poster, 1941 — Share the History Love... A WPA artist prepares a poster on Syphilis for national defense program on March 20, 1941. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) was established by executive order of Franklin Delano Roosevelt on May 6, 1935. It replaced the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) as the federal government agency responsible for combating the [...]
- Stampeders with supplies during the Klondike Gold Rush — Share the History Love... Stampeders and their outfits in Dyea, Alaska. So many hopeful men (and a few women) were making the difficult journey into the Canadian and Alaskan wilderness in search of gold during the Klondike Gold Rush, the Canadian government started requiring every stampeder bring a year’s supply of goods before crossing the [...]
- Interior of Chief Klart-Reech’s Whale House, 1895 — Share the History Love... The highly decorated items and interior of Chief Klart-Reech’s Whale House in Chilkat, Alaska in 1895. Share the History Love... [...]
- “From the depths” by William Balfour Ker — Share the History Love... This 1906 print by William Balfour Ker shows a lavish social event in a large ballroom attended by the well-to-do; the party is disrupted when a fist erupts through the floor, beneath which are the struggling masses of the less fortunate who provide the foundation support on which the wealthy rest. [...]
- Creating Halloween art, 1964 — Share the History Love... Sarah Hampton, 7, of Reseda, wields an artist’s brush from her wheel stretcher at Orthopedic Hospital in preparation for Halloween. Looking on is Mrs. Williamson of the Los Angeles School Board. Share the History Love... [...]