Soldiers from the 4th Battalion, 31st Infantry Regiment rig a pulley system to ferry their packs and gear across a stream on April 23, 1969.
Rigging a Pulley System, 1969
- Trimming the Christmas tree in England, 1943 — Share the History Love... Left to right: Cpl. Michael J. Sabagh [381st HQ] of Lawrence, Mass., Pvt. Larry H. James [2021st Fire Platoon] of Campbellsville, Ky., Cpl. Goldmer S. Elkins [2003rd Fire Platoon] of Cyclone, W.Va., and Cpl. Thomas Hallingam [330th SS] of Pittsburgh, Pa., trim a Christmas tree for a party given for homeless [...]
- Seattle fireboat Alki with Christmas decor, 1950 — Share the History Love... Seattle fireboat Alki with Christmas decor – including a Christmas tree, a star, and lights – in 1950. Share the History Love... [...]
- Decorating the tree with banknotes, 1942 — Share the History Love... Louise Yuse with a Christmas tree decorated with banknotes that will be used to purchase war bonds, 1942. Share the History Love... [...]
- Gift Guide: Revolutionary War Fans — Share the History Love... “1773” Boston Tea Party t-shirt: The History List Store George Washington’s Secret Six: The Spy Ring that Saved the American Revolution by Brian Kilmeade: Amazon Liberty! The American Revolution: Amazon Betsy Ross finger puppet and refrigerator magnet: Amazon “Revolutionary Superheroes” sticker:The History List Store “Old Battlefield” scented candle: WertherAndGray (Etsy) “History Nerd” mug [...]
- Christmas mass during the Battle of the Bulge — Share the History Love... During the Battle of the Bulge in 1944, Christmas was still celebrated. This ration warehouse in Antwerp, Belgium, served as a chapel on Christmas Day. A pile of ration crates became the altar. The port chaplain, Martin Durkin, conducted the services. The men left their work only long enough to attend [...]