Sfc. Louis F. Walz (left), a member of Co. E, 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division, and Pfc. Raymond M. Szukla, a member of Co. G, 5th Regimental Combat Team, 24th Infantry Division, receive medical aid at the 8063rd Mobile Army Surgical Hospital, attached to I Corps in Korea on November 4, 1950. Sfc. Walz is recovering from a head wound, and Pfc. Szukla suffered a wound in the right leg while engaged in action against the Communist-led North Korean forces.
Recovering from Wounds, 1950
- Bush (Jr.) serving Thanksgiving dinner in Baghdad, 2003 — Share the History Love... George W. Bush helps to serve Thanksgiving dinner at the Bob Hope Dining Facility at Baghdad International Airport, Iraq, November 27, 2003. Share the History Love... [...]
- Thanksgiving in Italy under a lean to shelter, 1944 — Share the History Love... Soldier enjoying his Thanksgiving meal under a camouflaged lean to shelter. The photo is from a collection of William Caddell who served with the 5th Army Headquarters in North Africa through Italy. His scrapbook of Signal Corps photographs documents the Fifth Army from the Fall of Rome through the end of the war. [...]
- Soldier directs a Huey helicopter to land, 1966 — Share the History Love... A U.S. Army soldier directs a Bell UH-1D Huey helicopter approaching to pick up injured after a paradrop in South Vietnam, October 1966. Share the History Love... [...]
- Yeomen welcome the troops home, 1919 — Share the History Love... Yeomen welcome the troops home, 1919. Share the History Love... [...]
- In Their Words: WWI Veteran George Briant — Share the History Love... Share the History Love... [...]