Repatriated POW Capt. Frederick Smith is greeted by his father on his arrival at Fort Mason, Calif., on board the USNS Marine Phoenix on September 14, 1953.
POW Greeted by Father, 1953
- Preparing a ski run for the Winter Olympics, 1959 — Share the History Love... Preparing a ski run on January 5, 1959. The ski run would be used for the 1960 Winter Olympics in Squaw Valley, California. Share the History Love... [...]
- Rehabilitating injuries in a hospital gymnasium, 1944 — Share the History Love... U.S Soldiers run painful race back to health. Getting over these foot-high hurdles is no easy task for Pvt. Ralph Johnson of Pittsburgh, PA who needs the strong arm of Sgt. D. D. Gilbert of Philadelphia to finish out his first race with health. Hospitalized somewhere overseas, these wounded American soldiers [...]
- 165th Infantry Regiment passes through the Victory Arch, 1919 — Share the History Love... Colonel Donovan and staff of 165th Infantry, passing under the Victory Arch in Madison Square, New York City in 1919. The Flatiron Building can be seen in the background. Share the History Love... [...]
- Construction in Squaw Valley for 1960 Winter Olympics, 1958 — Share the History Love... Construction in Squaw Valley in preparation of the 1960 Winter Olympics, December 3, 1958. Share the History Love... [...]
- Valentine party at Encino Hospital, 1960 — Share the History Love... Daniel Lovett, 4, of Granada Hills enjoys treat at a Valentine party at Encino Hospital with Mrs. Lillian Grant, a nursing supervisor on February 15, 1960. The hospital annually has St. Valentine party for children. Daniel was there for a tonsillectomy. Share the History Love... [...]