Three members of an American patrol cross a snow covered Luxembourg field near Lellig on a scouting mission. White bedsheets camouflage them in the snow, December 30, 1944. Left to right: Sgt. James Storey, Newman, Ga.; Pvt. Frank A. Fox, Wilmington, Del., and Cpl. Dennis Lavanoha, Harrisville, N.Y.
Patroling a Luxembourg field, 1944
- Eileen Seigh photographed mid-jump at the 1948 Olympic Games — Share the History Love... U.S. figure skater Eileen Seigh photographed mid-jump at the 1948 Olympic Games in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Share the History Love... [...]
- Preparing a ski run for the Winter Olympics, 1959 — Share the History Love... Preparing a ski run on January 5, 1959. The ski run would be used for the 1960 Winter Olympics in Squaw Valley, California. Share the History Love... [...]
- Rehabilitating injuries in a hospital gymnasium, 1944 — Share the History Love... U.S Soldiers run painful race back to health. Getting over these foot-high hurdles is no easy task for Pvt. Ralph Johnson of Pittsburgh, PA who needs the strong arm of Sgt. D. D. Gilbert of Philadelphia to finish out his first race with health. Hospitalized somewhere overseas, these wounded American soldiers [...]
- 165th Infantry Regiment passes through the Victory Arch, 1919 — Share the History Love... Colonel Donovan and staff of 165th Infantry, passing under the Victory Arch in Madison Square, New York City in 1919. The Flatiron Building can be seen in the background. Share the History Love... [...]
- Students take time for a sun and snow bath, 1936 — Share the History Love... Students of the NYA Federal Residence School take time out for a sun and snow bath and to have their pictures taken in 1936. Federal Residence School, sponsored by Idaho National Youth Administration (NYA), was located at Weiser, Idaho. Share the History Love... [...]