Seed catalog for World War II home defense gardens. It would assist even the novice gardener as to the best practices and vegetables for plentiful harvests. This particular catalog was for the Farmer Seed and Nursery Company in Faribault, Minnesota (still in business today).
Farmer Co Defense Garden Catalog, 1942
- Thanksgiving dinner at the jail — Share the History Love... Men having Thanksgiving dinner at the jail in Lewistown, Montana. Share the History Love... [...]
- Salvation Army Thanksgiving baskets, 1911 — Share the History Love... Several rows of benches are lined with baskets of food for Thanksgiving from the Salt Lake City’s Salvation Army, 1911. Share the History Love... [...]
- Thanksgiving in Italy under a lean to shelter, 1944 — Share the History Love... Soldier enjoying his Thanksgiving meal under a camouflaged lean to shelter. The photo is from a collection of William Caddell who served with the 5th Army Headquarters in North Africa through Italy. His scrapbook of Signal Corps photographs documents the Fifth Army from the Fall of Rome through the end of the war. [...]
- Soldier directs a Huey helicopter to land, 1966 — Share the History Love... A U.S. Army soldier directs a Bell UH-1D Huey helicopter approaching to pick up injured after a paradrop in South Vietnam, October 1966. Share the History Love... [...]
- Yeomen welcome the troops home, 1919 — Share the History Love... Yeomen welcome the troops home, 1919. Share the History Love... [...]