Students at Oregon State University playing in the snow and having a snowball fight between 1930-1939.
Students Having a Snowball Fight
- Walgreens (Nashville) lunch counter sit-in, 1960 — Share the History Love... Rodney Powell (standing) talks with other sit-in participants at Walgreens drugstore in Nashville, Tennessee on March 25, 1960. On February 13, 1960, members of the Nashville Student Movement and the Nashville Christian Leadership Council began a campaign of sit-ins at “whites only” lunch counters in Nashville stores. Their goal was to end [...]
- Students viewing an eclipse with “sun scopes,” 1963 — Share the History Love... A group of fifth-grade students in Maywood, Illinois view an eclipse with “sun scopes” on July 20, 1963. By piercing a three-millimeter hole in cardboard boxes to create crude pinhole cameras, the students could watch an inverted image of the eclipse cross the inside of the box without harming their eyes. [...]
- Viewing a bomb-damaged home, 1963 — Share the History Love... Birmingham, Alabama residents viewing the bomb-damaged home of Arthur Shores, an attorney with the NAACP, on September 5, 1963. Shores’ campaign in 1963 to integrate the Birmingham public schools brought violence to him and other residents. Shore’s home was fire-bombed on August 20 and September 4 in retaliation for black parents [...]
- Demonstrating “parabiking,” 1937 — Share the History Love... Dorothy Willis demonstrates “parabiking” shortly after it was introduced to the San Antonio area, August 1937. Share the History Love... [...]
- International law class at Columbia, 1918 — Share the History Love... International law class in session at Columbia University in October 1918. Share the History Love... [...]