Children in New York City holding hands in a circle around Christmas tree.
Schoolchildren around a Christmas Tree
- Child Workers at Avondale Mills, 1910 — Share the History Love... Child mill workers at Avondale Mills, Birmingham, 1910. They worked as “doffers” – a worker who removes bobbins, pirns, or spindles holding spun fiber from the a spinning frame and replaces them with empty ones. It required speed and dexterity rather than strength. Share the History Love... [...]
- Redstone Missile on display in Grand Central Station, 1957 — Share the History Love... Redstone Missile on display in Grand Central Station July 7, 1957. It was the first large American ballistic missile. Share the History Love... [...]
- KKK raid on San Pedro’s IWW Hall, 1924 — Share the History Love... San Pedro, California was a hotbed of Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) activity during the 1910s and early 1920s. IWW efforts to organize workers were often met with violence by individuals and organizations that saw them as a threat. In June 1924, the Ku Klux Klan attacked the members of [...]
- NYC Firefighter looks at the WTC remains, 2001 — Share the History Love... A New York City firefighter looks up at what remains of the World Trade Center after its collapse during the Sept. 11 terrorist attack. The photograph was taken on September 13, 2001. Share the History Love... [...]
- Boy Scouts feeding a fawn, 1950 — Share the History Love... Boy Scouts feeding a fawn at the Philmont Scout Ranch near Cimarron, New Mexico in 1950. Share the History Love... [...]