A man dressed as Santa Claus fundraising for Volunteers of America on the sidewalk of street in Chicago, Illinois, in 1902. He is holding a sign that says “Help the Volunteers of America send Santa down 10,000 chimneys for Chicago’s poor people”while wearing a mask with a beard attached.
“Send Santa down 10,000 chimneys”, 1902
- Dog and cat enjoy Halloween, 1940 — Share the History Love... Dog dressed as a ghost while a curious cat inspects the bucket the dog is holding, 1940. Share the History Love... [...]
- Matching costumes at Boise State University, 1977 — Share the History Love... Women students in matching costumes (pumpkins?) at a Halloween party at Boise State University. Share the History Love... [...]
- Creating Halloween art, 1964 — Share the History Love... Sarah Hampton, 7, of Reseda, wields an artist’s brush from her wheel stretcher at Orthopedic Hospital in preparation for Halloween. Looking on is Mrs. Williamson of the Los Angeles School Board. Share the History Love... [...]
- Magicians gathered for a midnight seance, 1946 — Share the History Love... Thirteen magicians gather around a chair on which are a portrait of Houdini, two candles, a book, and handcuffs, for a midnight seance on Halloween, 1946, in Detroit, Michigan. Share the History Love... [...]
- Bobbing for apples at Fort Sheridan, 1970 — Share the History Love... Mike Graham comes up with an apple in the apple bobbing booth during Halloween festivities in Fort Sheridan, 1970. Share the History Love... [...]