A man dressed as Santa Claus fundraising for Volunteers of America on the sidewalk of street in Chicago, Illinois, in 1902. He is holding a sign that says “Help the Volunteers of America send Santa down 10,000 chimneys for Chicago’s poor people”while wearing a mask with a beard attached.
“Send Santa down 10,000 chimneys”, 1902
- Students viewing an eclipse with “sun scopes,” 1963 — Share the History Love... A group of fifth-grade students in Maywood, Illinois view an eclipse with “sun scopes” on July 20, 1963. By piercing a three-millimeter hole in cardboard boxes to create crude pinhole cameras, the students could watch an inverted image of the eclipse cross the inside of the box without harming their eyes. [...]
- Ballet rehearsals in New York City, ca. 1916 — Share the History Love... An unidentified group of 6 women & 2 men during ballet rehearsals in New York City, ca. 1916. Share the History Love... [...]
- Coca-Cola bottling line, 1958 — Share the History Love... Coca-Cola bottling line in a Fort Scott, Kansas factory, circa 1958 Share the History Love... [...]
- Steam fire engine rushes by, early 1900s — Share the History Love... Three white horses rushing down city street pulling a steam fire engine carrying three fire fighters on its way to a fire sometime between 1900 and 1920. Crowds on the street and inside the Shaw building watch fire engine go by. Share the History Love... [...]
- Six-year-old Lyndon B. Johnson, 1915 — Share the History Love... Photograph of Lyndon B. Johnson when he was around six years old, ca. 1915. Share the History Love... [...]