Hat check girl with officers’ headgear and formal hats on New Year’s Eve in Detroit, Michigan, 1942.
Hat Check Girl on New Year’s Eve, 1942
- Detroit NAACP branch office, 1940s — Share the History Love... People work in the NAACP branch office in Detroit, Michigan, in the 1940s. Share the History Love... [...]
- Nixon speaks to troops in Dĩ An, Vietnam, 1969 — Share the History Love... President Richard Nixon speaks to American troops in Dĩ An, Vietnam on July 30, 1969. Share the History Love... [...]
- Train Loaded with Logs for the Mill, 1900 — Share the History Love... Photograph of a log train loaded with logs for the mill, in a redwood forest, ca.1900. About 10 lumberjacks are standing or sitting on logs or the train. Other logs sit on the ground (foreground). Steam is issuing from the train engine. The thick redwood forest is visible in the background. [...]
- Liberated inmates of Lager-Nordhausen, 1945 — Share the History Love... These two staring, emaciated men are liberated inmates of Lager-Nordhausen, a Gestapo concentration camp near Nordhausen, Germany on April 12, 1945. The camp, according to G-2, 104th Infantry Division, U.S. First Army, had from 3,000 to 4,000 inmates, including French, Polish, Belgian, a few Russian, and several German political prisoners. Several [...]
- Alaskan Army dog teams, WWII — Share the History Love... In this snow-covered post, somewhere in Alaska, dog teams perform tasks in country impassible to other forms of locomotion. They are kept by the Quartermaster Corps of the Army, for hauling food to snow-bound infantry units and locating and aiding fliers forced down in the wilderness. Three of the dog teams [...]