A large beer keg makes its way down the street during Major Jimmie Walker’s Beer Parade in 1932. New Yorkers turned out by the thousands to support the legalization of beer in the United States.
Large Beer Keg in Parade, 1932
- Infantry Division March Down the Champs Elysees, 1944 — Share the History Love... Soldiers of an American infantry division march down the Champs Elysees during the “Victory” parade on August 29, 1944. Share the History Love... [...]
- Woman modeling suffrage marching costume, 1916 — Share the History Love... Woman modeling her marching costume for Chicago’s suffrage parade, June 6, 1916. Share the History Love... [...]
- Reading comics while waiting for a parade, 1946 — Share the History Love... Young women, wearing paper hats, sit on the curb reading comics while waiting for 1946 Aquatennial parade to start in Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1946. Share the History Love... [...]
- President William McKinley’s death mask, 1901 — Share the History Love... William McKinley’s death mask. McKinley (January 29, 1843 – September 14, 1901) was the 25th President of the United States. He was elected twice, in 1896 and 1900, but was assassinated in 1901 at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York. He was succeeded by his Vice President, Theodore Roosevelt. Share [...]
- Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller at their wedding, 1956 — Share the History Love... Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller at their wedding. The were married in a civil ceremony at the Westchester County Court in White Plains, New York, on June 29, 1956 and, two days later, had a Jewish ceremony at Miller’s agent’s house at Waccabuc, New York. Share the History Love... [...]