Patients in costume are shown celebrating Halloween at Hopewell Hospital, Minneapolis City Hospital’s quarantine hospital and tuberculosis sanatorium. The hospital operated from 1907-1924 and was later renamed the Parkview Sanatorium.
Halloween party at the Hopewell Hospital, ca. 1917
- Magicians gathered for a midnight seance, 1946 — Share the History Love... Thirteen magicians gather around a chair on which are a portrait of Houdini, two candles, a book, and handcuffs, for a midnight seance on Halloween, 1946, in Detroit, Michigan. Share the History Love... [...]
- Bobbing for apples at Fort Sheridan, 1970 — Share the History Love... Mike Graham comes up with an apple in the apple bobbing booth during Halloween festivities in Fort Sheridan, 1970. Share the History Love... [...]
- Celebrities at FDR’s Birthday Celebration, 1944 — Share the History Love... Eleanor Roosevelt at FDR’s birthday celebration with Red Skelton, William Douglas, Lucille Ball, and John Garfield on January 30, 1944. Share the History Love... [...]
- A woman dancing the Highland fling, 1904-1910 — Share the History Love... A woman dancing the Highland fling in Scottish costume while a man plays the bagpipe in Denver, Colorado between 1904 and 1910. Share the History Love... [...]
- Reading comics while waiting for a parade, 1946 — Share the History Love... Young women, wearing paper hats, sit on the curb reading comics while waiting for 1946 Aquatennial parade to start in Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1946. Share the History Love... [...]