John F. Kennedy, wearing hard hat, talks with miners in West Virginia during the Presidential Primary campaign in April 1960.
JFK with West Virginian Miners, 1960
- Lumberjacks with a 12-foot wide fir tree, 1901 — Share the History Love... Lumberjacks pose with a 12-foot-wide fir tree in 1901. Share the History Love... [...]
- Cantaloupe Pickers, 1935 — Share the History Love... Though farm work is strenuous and exhausting, this photograph suggests that jovial camaraderie could sometimes relieve the strain of being in the fields. Work was hard to come by in the 1930s, and these laborers probably counted themselves lucky to have found a paying job picking cantaloupes in the Imperial Valley’s [...]
- JFK & Jacqueline on their wedding day, 1953 — Share the History Love... Senator John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy on their wedding day at Hammersmith Farm on September 12, 1953. Share the History Love... [...]
- LBJ with civil rights leaders in the White House, 1964 — Share the History Love... In this January 18, 1964 photo, President Lyndon B. Johnson, right, talks with civil rights leaders in his White House office in Washington. The leaders, from left, are, Roy Wilkins, executive secretary of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP); James Farmer, national director of the Committee on [...]
- Reagan gets ready to play Santa in 1983. — Share the History Love... President Reagan gets ready to play Santa in 1983. Share the History Love... [...]