John F. Kennedy, wearing hard hat, talks with miners in West Virginia during the Presidential Primary campaign in April 1960.
JFK with West Virginian Miners, 1960
- Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table, 1977 — Share the History Love... Betty Ford dancing on the Cabinet Room table on her last day as First Lady on January 19, 1977. David Hume Kennedy, the photographer, described how this photo came to be in a New York Times article: I was accompanying Mrs. Ford as she strolled around the West Wing of the [...]
- Women workers stain wings for a De Havilland DH-4, 1918 — Share the History Love... In the foreground of the photograph a group of women stain the wooden skeletons of the wings for a De Havilland DH-4 at the Dayton-Wright Airplane Company. At each station a group of women stain the wooden wings with an observer watching. In the background other employees are working and a [...]
- Coca-Cola bottling line, 1958 — Share the History Love... Coca-Cola bottling line in a Fort Scott, Kansas factory, circa 1958 Share the History Love... [...]
- Steam fire engine rushes by, early 1900s — Share the History Love... Three white horses rushing down city street pulling a steam fire engine carrying three fire fighters on its way to a fire sometime between 1900 and 1920. Crowds on the street and inside the Shaw building watch fire engine go by. Share the History Love... [...]
- New York garment workers, 1908 — Share the History Love... Mrs. Battaglia, Tessie (12 years old), Tony (7 years old) live at 170 Mulberry St. in the rear house on the 5th floor in New York. They work as garment workers. Mrs. Battaglia’s husband was crippled by a fall. She works in the shop everyday except Saturdays, when the children sew with [...]