An unemployed man selling apples in a wooden crate for five cents during the Great Depression.
Great Depression Apple Seller
- Lou Hoover passing out food baskets & toys, 1930 — Share the History Love... Lou Hoover passing out food baskets and toys to children of families impoverished by the Great Depression at Washington’s Central Union Mission. Share the History Love... [...]
- Gift Guide: Women’s History Buffs — Share the History Love... Here are a few gift ideas for the history buff on your list! “Vote for Women” Pennant Pin: Susan B. Anthony Birthplace Museum (History List) History Nerd t-shirt with Susan B. Anthony: History List Little Ladies: Bold Women in Black History: Amazon Hidden Figures: Amazon U.S. Women’s Suffrage t-shirt: Yesteeyear (Etsy) Rad American Women [...]
- Thanksgiving dinner at the jail — Share the History Love... Men having Thanksgiving dinner at the jail in Lewistown, Montana. Share the History Love... [...]
- Salvation Army Thanksgiving baskets, 1911 — Share the History Love... Several rows of benches are lined with baskets of food for Thanksgiving from the Salt Lake City’s Salvation Army, 1911. Share the History Love... [...]
- WPA’s mattress making project, 1939 — Share the History Love... WPA workers in New Orleans manufactured 17,682 mattresses and quilts to be distributed to the needy during 1939. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) was established by executive order of Franklin Delano Roosevelt on May 6, 1935. It replaced the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) as the federal government agency responsible for [...]