William Penn Hose Company steam engine and fire fighters in front of the company fire station on Frankford Road near Franklin Avenue, Philadelphia. Organized in August 1832, the company is still in operation and is comprised of 100% volunteers.
William Penn Hose Company, 1865
- Dog and cat enjoy Halloween, 1940 — Share the History Love... Dog dressed as a ghost while a curious cat inspects the bucket the dog is holding, 1940. Share the History Love... [...]
- Train Loaded with Logs for the Mill, 1900 — Share the History Love... Photograph of a log train loaded with logs for the mill, in a redwood forest, ca.1900. About 10 lumberjacks are standing or sitting on logs or the train. Other logs sit on the ground (foreground). Steam is issuing from the train engine. The thick redwood forest is visible in the background. [...]
- Michael Jackson and Snoopy at Knott’s Berry Farm, 1984 — Share the History Love... Michael Jackson and Snoopy at Knott’s Berry Farm in April 1984. Share the History Love... [...]
- Female guards learning how to sight guns, 1942 — Share the History Love... Female guards, placed on duty at the Naval Ordnance Plant, operated by the Hudson Motor Car Company in Detroit, Michigan, learn how to sight guns on August 7, 1942. In the front row, the girls sight 38 caliber police pistols; those in the back row with 30-30 rifles. At present the [...]
- The Kennedy Family at Hyannis Port, 1931 — Share the History Love... The Kennedy Family at Hyannis Port on September 4, 1931. L-R: Robert Kennedy, John F. Kennedy, Eunice Kennedy, Jean Kennedy (on lap of) Joseph P. Kennedy Sr., Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy (who was pregnant with Edward “Ted” Kennedy at time of this photo), Patricia Kennedy, Kathleen Kennedy, Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. (behind) [...]