A female lifeguard is showing a boy how to dive in the 8 foot deep end of the swimming pool while another boy looks on from her left side and one from the diving board, 1936.
Lifeguard Showing Boy How to Dive, 1936
- Students viewing an eclipse with “sun scopes,” 1963 — Share the History Love... A group of fifth-grade students in Maywood, Illinois view an eclipse with “sun scopes” on July 20, 1963. By piercing a three-millimeter hole in cardboard boxes to create crude pinhole cameras, the students could watch an inverted image of the eclipse cross the inside of the box without harming their eyes. [...]
- Western Union bike messengers, 1911 — Share the History Love... Western Union bike messengers in Danville, Virginia, ca. 1911. The photograph was taken by Lewis Wickes Hine. Share the History Love... [...]
- Mail boat at North Manitou Island, 1903 — Share the History Love... Mail boat arrives at North Manitou Island in 1903. The island is located in Lake Michigan, approximately 12 miles west-northwest of Leland, Michigan. It is nearly eight miles long and over four miles wide, with 20 miles of shoreline. Share the History Love... [...]
- Migrant agricultural worker’s family, 1936 — Share the History Love... Photo shows Florence Thompson with several of her children in a tent shelter as part of the “Migrant Mother” series in Nipomo, California. Florence had seven children and was 32-years-old. In March 1936, after picking beets in the Imperial Valley, Thompson and her family were traveling on U.S. Highway 101 towards [...]
- Ballet rehearsals in New York City, ca. 1916 — Share the History Love... An unidentified group of 6 women & 2 men during ballet rehearsals in New York City, ca. 1916. Share the History Love... [...]