I grew up watching Robin Williams movies. I, like most, never knew him personally, but his characters resonated in my life. His humor and quick wit made me laugh time and time again. His humor will be with us always.
In Their Words: Robin Williams
- Publicity still of Greta Garbo, 1931 — Share the History Love... Actress Greta Garbo in a publicity still for the American film Inspiration in 1931. Share the History Love... [...]
- Welles at “The War of the Worlds” press conference, 193... — Share the History Love... Orson Welles meeting with reporters in an effort to explain that no one connected with The War of the Worlds radio broadcast had any idea the show would cause panic. The press conference took place on October 31, 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Migrant agricultural worker’s family, 1936 — Share the History Love... Photo shows Florence Thompson with several of her children in a tent shelter as part of the “Migrant Mother” series in Nipomo, California. Florence had seven children and was 32-years-old. In March 1936, after picking beets in the Imperial Valley, Thompson and her family were traveling on U.S. Highway 101 towards [...]
- New York garment workers, 1908 — Share the History Love... Mrs. Battaglia, Tessie (12 years old), Tony (7 years old) live at 170 Mulberry St. in the rear house on the 5th floor in New York. They work as garment workers. Mrs. Battaglia’s husband was crippled by a fall. She works in the shop everyday except Saturdays, when the children sew with [...]
- Six-year-old Lyndon B. Johnson, 1915 — Share the History Love... Photograph of Lyndon B. Johnson when he was around six years old, ca. 1915. Share the History Love... [...]