Orange County Sheriff’s deputies dumping illegal booze in Santa Ana, March 31, 1932.
Dumping Illegal Booze, 1932
- Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials, 1954 — Share the History Love... Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials in December 1954. The men in the front row (left to right) are Anaheim Mayor Charles Pearson, Orange County Supervisor Willis Warner, Walt Disney, Supervisor Willard Smith, and Orange County Planning Commission Chairman Dr. W. L. Bigham. The photo was taken at Disney [...]
- Mounted Dakota Sioux Indian police, 1896 — Share the History Love... Mounted Dakota Sioux Indian police at Rosebud Agency in South Dakota, 1896. Indian police forces first appeared on the Great Plains during the 1830s, when the federal government relocated eastern tribes such as the Cherokees to Indian Territory. Known as the Lighthorse, Cherokee police units performed law enforcement duties similar to [...]
- Protester attacked by police dogs in Birmingham, 1963 — Share the History Love... Parker High School student Walter Gadsden, 17, being attacked by police dogs during the Civil Rights campaign in Birmingham, Alabama on May 3, 1963, Share the History Love... [...]
- Dismantling speakeasy after raid — Share the History Love... Dismantling a Boston speakeasy after a raid. Share the History Love... [...]
- Confiscating a 100-gallon alcohol still, 1931 — Share the History Love... Two Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs examine an alleged 100-gallon alcohol still. The still was attached to the wall-bed at right in such a manner that it could be swung back into a closet and out of sight on a moment’s notice. Clarence A. Reisch was arrested in the raid and booked [...]