Farm boys wearing overalls eating ice-cream cones while sitting on a feed bag in the back of a pickup in Washington, Indiana, July 1941.
Eating Ice Cream on the Farm, 1941
- Licking ice blocks during heat wave, 1912 — Share the History Love... Licking blocks of ice during heat wave in 1912 in New York city. Share the History Love... [...]
- Women fishing, 1938 — Share the History Love... Women fishing in 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Child Workers at Avondale Mills, 1910 — Share the History Love... Child mill workers at Avondale Mills, Birmingham, 1910. They worked as “doffers” – a worker who removes bobbins, pirns, or spindles holding spun fiber from the a spinning frame and replaces them with empty ones. It required speed and dexterity rather than strength. Share the History Love... [...]
- WWI field kitchen under a canvas tent — Share the History Love... Soldiers cooking in a field kitchen under a canvas tent during World War I. Share the History Love... [...]
- KKK raid on San Pedro’s IWW Hall, 1924 — Share the History Love... San Pedro, California was a hotbed of Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) activity during the 1910s and early 1920s. IWW efforts to organize workers were often met with violence by individuals and organizations that saw them as a threat. In June 1924, the Ku Klux Klan attacked the members of [...]