Woman making an American Flag around 1910.
Woman Making American Flag, 1910
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Part III — Share the History Love... The annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City is the world’s largest parade. Presented by the Macy’s department store, the tradition started in 1924 and is tied for the second-oldest Thanksgiving parade in the United States. In 1927, the debut of a helium-filled Felix the Cat ushered in new tradition for the parade [...]
- Odd Contests: Pumpkin Princess & Pumpkin Queen — Share the History Love... Janice Lee Ortieb, age 4, and Patricia Lynn Barlow, age 16 were elected the San Fernando Valley’s first Pumpkin Princess and Pumpkin Queen at the Balboa Mission Center on November 20, 1961. The girls will reign through Thanksgiving Eve from a throne inside a $15,000 custom-built Pumpkin House at the Balboa Mission [...]
- Picking blackberries in Oregon, 1910 — Share the History Love... Women picking evergreen blackberries in western Oregon, 1910. Share the History Love... [...]
- Children holding jack-o’-lanterns, 1938 — Share the History Love... Betty Ann Lowery and Donnie York holding jack-o’-lanterns in San Antonio, Texas, October 1938. Share the History Love... [...]
- Woman on a modified broom, 1977 — Share the History Love... An unidentified woman on a broom that has been modified with bicycle parts and a flashlight on October 28, 1977. The National Archives took the above picture and turned it into a gif. Enjoy! Share the History Love... [...]