Bennice Vick Russell and sister-in-law Marjorie Vick share a soda during a break at Brown Shipbuilding Co. in Houston, TX, 1944. Bennice worked as a burner at the shipyard from 1943-1945. On Marjorie’s hip is her worker I.D. badge with her photo on it.
Sharing a Soda on Break, 1944
- Bush (Jr.) serving Thanksgiving dinner in Baghdad, 2003 — Share the History Love... George W. Bush helps to serve Thanksgiving dinner at the Bob Hope Dining Facility at Baghdad International Airport, Iraq, November 27, 2003. Share the History Love... [...]
- Odd Contests: Pumpkin Princess & Pumpkin Queen — Share the History Love... Janice Lee Ortieb, age 4, and Patricia Lynn Barlow, age 16 were elected the San Fernando Valley’s first Pumpkin Princess and Pumpkin Queen at the Balboa Mission Center on November 20, 1961. The girls will reign through Thanksgiving Eve from a throne inside a $15,000 custom-built Pumpkin House at the Balboa Mission [...]
- Thanksgiving in Italy under a lean to shelter, 1944 — Share the History Love... Soldier enjoying his Thanksgiving meal under a camouflaged lean to shelter. The photo is from a collection of William Caddell who served with the 5th Army Headquarters in North Africa through Italy. His scrapbook of Signal Corps photographs documents the Fifth Army from the Fall of Rome through the end of the war. [...]
- Soldier directs a Huey helicopter to land, 1966 — Share the History Love... A U.S. Army soldier directs a Bell UH-1D Huey helicopter approaching to pick up injured after a paradrop in South Vietnam, October 1966. Share the History Love... [...]
- Yeomen welcome the troops home, 1919 — Share the History Love... Yeomen welcome the troops home, 1919. Share the History Love... [...]