Bayfront painting class in Sarasota, Florida during 1945.
Bayfront Painting Class, 1945
- Students viewing an eclipse with “sun scopes,” 1963 — Share the History Love... A group of fifth-grade students in Maywood, Illinois view an eclipse with “sun scopes” on July 20, 1963. By piercing a three-millimeter hole in cardboard boxes to create crude pinhole cameras, the students could watch an inverted image of the eclipse cross the inside of the box without harming their eyes. [...]
- Mail boat at North Manitou Island, 1903 — Share the History Love... Mail boat arrives at North Manitou Island in 1903. The island is located in Lake Michigan, approximately 12 miles west-northwest of Leland, Michigan. It is nearly eight miles long and over four miles wide, with 20 miles of shoreline. Share the History Love... [...]
- Volunteers in a canoe after the Flood of 1955 — Share the History Love... This photograph shows two volunteers in a canoe going house to house in Farmington, Connecticut looking for people who might be trapped by the waters. The Flood of 1955 in Connecticut is one of the worst floods in Connecticut’s history. Two back-to-back hurricanes saturated the land and several river valleys in [...]
- Carriage on a Yosemite Valley trail — Share the History Love... Horse-drawn carriage on a trail in Yosemite Valley, California. Share the History Love... [...]
- Washing a flag for celebration, 1962 — Share the History Love... Women carefully washing flag for 4th of July celebration in Tallahassee on June 27, 1962. Share the History Love... [...]