Pyrotechnic display in Leyte Gulf, Philippines, in celebration of the end of World War II, August 15, 1945. There are men watching the show from the mast crosstrees in the upper right foreground.
Pyrotechnic V-J Celebration, 1945
- Thanksgiving in Italy under a lean to shelter, 1944 — Share the History Love... Soldier enjoying his Thanksgiving meal under a camouflaged lean to shelter. The photo is from a collection of William Caddell who served with the 5th Army Headquarters in North Africa through Italy. His scrapbook of Signal Corps photographs documents the Fifth Army from the Fall of Rome through the end of the war. [...]
- Soldier directs a Huey helicopter to land, 1966 — Share the History Love... A U.S. Army soldier directs a Bell UH-1D Huey helicopter approaching to pick up injured after a paradrop in South Vietnam, October 1966. Share the History Love... [...]
- Yeomen welcome the troops home, 1919 — Share the History Love... Yeomen welcome the troops home, 1919. Share the History Love... [...]
- In Their Words: WWI Veteran George Briant — Share the History Love... Share the History Love... [...]
- Nurse Wheels a Wounded Soldier in an Army Hospital, 1943 — Share the History Love... Nurse Frances Bullock wheels a wounded soldier back to his bed in the orthopedics ward of an Army hospital on May 23, 1943. Share the History Love... [...]