Migrant family from Arkansas playing hillbilly songs at a Farm Security Administration emergency migratory camp in Calipatria, California. This 1939 photo was taken by Dorothea Lange who was traveling the country under the commission of the Farm Security Administration. Her photographs helped humanize the struggle of American families during the Great Depression.
Playing Hillbilly Songs, 1939
- The Wizard of the Oz cast reunited, 1970 — Share the History Love... Publicity photo of American entertainers, (top) Ray Bolger, (bottom; L–R) Margaret Hamilton and Jack Haley, reunited in 1970 in commemoration of their roles as the Scarecrow, the Wicked Witch of the West and the Tin Man respectively, in the 1939 feature film, The Wizard of Oz. Share the History Love... [...]
- Creating Halloween art, 1964 — Share the History Love... Sarah Hampton, 7, of Reseda, wields an artist’s brush from her wheel stretcher at Orthopedic Hospital in preparation for Halloween. Looking on is Mrs. Williamson of the Los Angeles School Board. Share the History Love... [...]
- Train Loaded with Logs for the Mill, 1900 — Share the History Love... Photograph of a log train loaded with logs for the mill, in a redwood forest, ca.1900. About 10 lumberjacks are standing or sitting on logs or the train. Other logs sit on the ground (foreground). Steam is issuing from the train engine. The thick redwood forest is visible in the background. [...]
- Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials, 1954 — Share the History Love... Walt Disney shows Disneyland plans to Orange County officials in December 1954. The men in the front row (left to right) are Anaheim Mayor Charles Pearson, Orange County Supervisor Willis Warner, Walt Disney, Supervisor Willard Smith, and Orange County Planning Commission Chairman Dr. W. L. Bigham. The photo was taken at Disney [...]
- Grover Cleveland with his family in Princeton, NJ, 1907 — Share the History Love... President Grover Cleveland and family (wife Frances and children Esther, Marion, Richard, and Francis) at Westland in Princeton, NJ in 1907. Share the History Love... [...]