Veterinarian Capt. William T. Watson (right) prepares the transfusion of dextran to be given intravenously to “Gunn”, a scout dog wounded by shrapnel, at the 936th Vet Det War Dog Hospital, located at Tan Son Nhut Air Base on November 30, 1968.
Veterinarian Treating War Dog, 1968
- Dog and cat enjoy Halloween, 1940 — Share the History Love... Dog dressed as a ghost while a curious cat inspects the bucket the dog is holding, 1940. Share the History Love... [...]
- Infantry Division March Down the Champs Elysees, 1944 — Share the History Love... Soldiers of an American infantry division march down the Champs Elysees during the “Victory” parade on August 29, 1944. Share the History Love... [...]
- Nixon speaks to troops in Dĩ An, Vietnam, 1969 — Share the History Love... President Richard Nixon speaks to American troops in Dĩ An, Vietnam on July 30, 1969. Share the History Love... [...]
- Liberated inmates of Lager-Nordhausen, 1945 — Share the History Love... These two staring, emaciated men are liberated inmates of Lager-Nordhausen, a Gestapo concentration camp near Nordhausen, Germany on April 12, 1945. The camp, according to G-2, 104th Infantry Division, U.S. First Army, had from 3,000 to 4,000 inmates, including French, Polish, Belgian, a few Russian, and several German political prisoners. Several [...]
- Michael Jackson and Snoopy at Knott’s Berry Farm, 1984 — Share the History Love... Michael Jackson and Snoopy at Knott’s Berry Farm in April 1984. Share the History Love... [...]