Company F, 347th Inf Reg., 87th Inf. Division stands by for inspection by the Commanding General, Major General Percy Clarkson on May 8, 1943.
The Layout, 1943
- Soldiers stationed in Mississippi enjoying a local dance, 1941 — Share the History Love... Soldiers at Camp Shelby military base in Mississippi dance with local girls in July 1941. Share the History Love... [...]
- Rehabilitating injuries in a hospital gymnasium, 1944 — Share the History Love... U.S Soldiers run painful race back to health. Getting over these foot-high hurdles is no easy task for Pvt. Ralph Johnson of Pittsburgh, PA who needs the strong arm of Sgt. D. D. Gilbert of Philadelphia to finish out his first race with health. Hospitalized somewhere overseas, these wounded American soldiers [...]
- 165th Infantry Regiment passes through the Victory Arch, 1919 — Share the History Love... Colonel Donovan and staff of 165th Infantry, passing under the Victory Arch in Madison Square, New York City in 1919. The Flatiron Building can be seen in the background. Share the History Love... [...]
- Gretchen Fraser at the 1948 Olympic Games — Share the History Love... Gretchen Fraser was the first American to win an Olympic gold medal in skiing at the 1948 Olympic Games in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Fraser was selected for the 1940 Olympic team, but those Games were cancelled due to World War II. While her husband 1936 Olympian skier Don Fraser, went to war, [...]
- Drinking coconut milk during a break, 1967 — Share the History Love... A search and seizure phase of “Operation Pershing” in the village of Troun Lan, Binh Dinh Province, approximately 90 km northeast of An Khe. Sergeant George Nemosbatho (Detroit, MI), mortar Platoon Squad Leader, 1st Battalion, 12th Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile), takes a drink of fresh coconut milk during a break [...]