Man, woman, and girl in foreground on beach, with man holding girl’s foot around 1889.
Family on the Beach, 1889
- Newspaper boys cool off in a fountain, 1916 — Share the History Love... Newspaper boys cool off in a New York City park fountain in April 1916. Share the History Love... [...]
- Pumping water during a swirling dust storm, 1935 — Share the History Love... In this March 25, 1935 photo, children cover their faces during a swirling dust storm while pumping water in Springfield, Colo. The Dust Bowl was manmade, born of bad farming techniques across millions of acres in parts of Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado and Kansas. Now, even as bad as the [...]
- Students take time for a sun and snow bath, 1936 — Share the History Love... Students of the NYA Federal Residence School take time out for a sun and snow bath and to have their pictures taken in 1936. Federal Residence School, sponsored by Idaho National Youth Administration (NYA), was located at Weiser, Idaho. Share the History Love... [...]
- Lorin Wright pulling daughter on a sled, 1901 — Share the History Love... Lorin Wright – brother of Orville and Wilbur Wright – pulling his daughter Leontine, age three, on a sled. The photo was taken by either Orville or Wilbur Wright on Jan. 27, 1901. Share the History Love... [...]
- Stampeders with supplies during the Klondike Gold Rush — Share the History Love... Stampeders and their outfits in Dyea, Alaska. So many hopeful men (and a few women) were making the difficult journey into the Canadian and Alaskan wilderness in search of gold during the Klondike Gold Rush, the Canadian government started requiring every stampeder bring a year’s supply of goods before crossing the [...]