Caroline, 6, and her mother, Mrs. Marie Auclair of West New York, N.J., are properly equipped with Erin Go Bragh banners to cheer marchers as they pass their spot at 49th St. during the 1953 Saint Patrick’s Day Parade in New York City.
St. Patrick’s Day Parade in NYC, 1953
- Migrant agricultural worker’s family, 1936 — Share the History Love... Photo shows Florence Thompson with several of her children in a tent shelter as part of the “Migrant Mother” series in Nipomo, California. Florence had seven children and was 32-years-old. In March 1936, after picking beets in the Imperial Valley, Thompson and her family were traveling on U.S. Highway 101 towards [...]
- Ballet rehearsals in New York City, ca. 1916 — Share the History Love... An unidentified group of 6 women & 2 men during ballet rehearsals in New York City, ca. 1916. Share the History Love... [...]
- New York garment workers, 1908 — Share the History Love... Mrs. Battaglia, Tessie (12 years old), Tony (7 years old) live at 170 Mulberry St. in the rear house on the 5th floor in New York. They work as garment workers. Mrs. Battaglia’s husband was crippled by a fall. She works in the shop everyday except Saturdays, when the children sew with [...]
- Six-year-old Lyndon B. Johnson, 1915 — Share the History Love... Photograph of Lyndon B. Johnson when he was around six years old, ca. 1915. Share the History Love... [...]
- Inauguration of the Statue of Liberty, 1886 — Share the History Love... The inauguration of the Statue of Liberty, “Liberty Enlightening the World”, in New York Harbor, on October 28, 1886. A military and naval salute, marked the event, presided over by U.S. President Grover Cleveland. Share the History Love... [...]