Wind erosion carries topsoil from farmland during the Dust Bowl, circa 1930’s.
Wind Erosion during the Dust Bowl
- Train Loaded with Logs for the Mill, 1900 — Share the History Love... Photograph of a log train loaded with logs for the mill, in a redwood forest, ca.1900. About 10 lumberjacks are standing or sitting on logs or the train. Other logs sit on the ground (foreground). Steam is issuing from the train engine. The thick redwood forest is visible in the background. [...]
- Admiring a Bunch of Concord Grapes, 1935 — Share the History Love... Frank A. Johnson admires a bunch of his well-grown grapes (Concord variety) in Salem, Oregon, circa 1935 Share the History Love... [...]
- Licking ice blocks during heat wave, 1912 — Share the History Love... Licking blocks of ice during heat wave in 1912 in New York city. Share the History Love... [...]
- Clearwater log drive, 1961 — Share the History Love... “River Pigs” fight the foam of Clearwater River, to work a huge white pine log off the shoals in 1961. Logs are cut during the summer, decked on the upstream banks, and tumbled in with Spring floods. The river carries them downstream to the mills for processing. Kaniksu National Forest, Idaho. [...]
- Teddy Roosevelt at Mariposa Grove, 1903 — Share the History Love... Teddy Roosevelt and party at Mariposa Grove in May 1903. Share the History Love... [...]