Just before the last of these horse drawn carriages were banished from the streets of New York City, the photographer snapped one of them as it passed alongside a ‘Modern Electric Car’ powered by the conduit between the rails. This photo was shot on Broadway just north of the intersection with Broome Street. The car is headed southbound.
The Last of the Horse Drawn Carriages, 1917
- Licking ice blocks during heat wave, 1912 — Share the History Love... Licking blocks of ice during heat wave in 1912 in New York city. Share the History Love... [...]
- Teddy Roosevelt in his hunting suit, 1885 — Share the History Love... Theodore Roosevelt photographed in his hunting suit with a carved Tiffany hunting knife and rifle. Photographed by George Grantham Baine in 1885 in New York City. Share the History Love... [...]
- Redstone Missile on display in Grand Central Station, 1957 — Share the History Love... Redstone Missile on display in Grand Central Station July 7, 1957. It was the first large American ballistic missile. Share the History Love... [...]
- Tank following POWs in Korea, 1950 — Share the History Love... A U.S. Marine tank follows a line of prisoners of war down a village street on September 26, 1950. Share the History Love... [...]
- NYC Firefighter looks at the WTC remains, 2001 — Share the History Love... A New York City firefighter looks up at what remains of the World Trade Center after its collapse during the Sept. 11 terrorist attack. The photograph was taken on September 13, 2001. Share the History Love... [...]