Santa Claus at Panama City Beach, Florida, December 1956. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to get sand out of the suit?!
Santa Claus, Panama City Beach, 1956
- Playing volleyball on stilts, 1934 — Share the History Love... Four young women playing volleyball on stilts at the beach in Venice, California, 1934. Share the History Love... [...]
- Odd Contest: Miss Tobacco — Share the History Love... How can Florida have a Miss Cigar beauty contest without a Miss Tobacco beauty contest?! It’s only the correct thing to do, right? There were a few tobacco festivals in Florida, some held beauty contests along with the festivities. Here are a few pictures of the past depicting those contests. Share [...]
- Boys playing in the sand on Labor Day, 1945 — Share the History Love... Two boys cover themselves with wet sand at a Los Angeles beach on Labor Day, September 3, 1945. Share the History Love... [...]
- Odd Contests: Miss Cigar Queen — Share the History Love... Ahh Florida! You seem to have the oddest beauty contests. This gem comes to you again from the sunshine state. Not only did they have a contest for Miss Cigar Queen during their cigar festivals but they also had a beauty contest for their tobacco festivals (Miss Tobacco?). Share the History [...]
- Preparing for a Fourth of July bonfire, 1930 — Share the History Love... People with a tower of barrels ready to be set aflame in a Fourth of July bonfire in 1930. Share the History Love... [...]