Santa Claus at Panama City Beach, Florida, December 1956. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to get sand out of the suit?!
Santa Claus, Panama City Beach, 1956
- Homeless men eating Thanksgiving dinner at Midnight Mission, 1942 — Share the History Love... One of the many charitable organizations that declared “open house” was the Midnight Mission, who served Thanksgiving dinner to less fortunate Los Angeles residents. The men had their turkey, too, along with all persons celebrating Thanksgiving on November 26, 1942. Share the History Love... [...]
- Bush (Jr.) serving Thanksgiving dinner in Baghdad, 2003 — Share the History Love... George W. Bush helps to serve Thanksgiving dinner at the Bob Hope Dining Facility at Baghdad International Airport, Iraq, November 27, 2003. Share the History Love... [...]
- Thanksgiving dinner at the jail — Share the History Love... Men having Thanksgiving dinner at the jail in Lewistown, Montana. Share the History Love... [...]
- Odd Contests: Pumpkin Princess & Pumpkin Queen — Share the History Love... Janice Lee Ortieb, age 4, and Patricia Lynn Barlow, age 16 were elected the San Fernando Valley’s first Pumpkin Princess and Pumpkin Queen at the Balboa Mission Center on November 20, 1961. The girls will reign through Thanksgiving Eve from a throne inside a $15,000 custom-built Pumpkin House at the Balboa Mission [...]
- SATC troops seated for Thanksgiving Dinner, 1918 — Share the History Love... Students’ Army Training Corps (SATC) troops seated for Thanksgiving Dinner in the Mechanic Arts building (at Utah State) which housed the canteen and served as barracks during demobilization, 1918. Note the flu masks around the necks of some of the men. Share the History Love... [...]